7.27.2011

fancy foxes

A note on Fleet Foxes: I love them and want to invite them to dinner.
Last week, Maggie and I attended the Fleet Foxes concert in St. Louis. It was most blissful and dazzling. Despite Robin's cold and desperate calls for Claritin, the singing was as clear as clean mountain air.
Afterwards, upon the request of Bob (fellow attendee who is a very tall ginger), we waited near the back of the building. I felt like a horrible person among those crazed fans waiting for autographs. I did receive one blessing from the event: I met J. Tillman, drums, and Casey Wescott, keyboard and mandolin. joys!


Again by the request of the ginger, we asked J. Tillman what they were drinking on stage (always a curiosity). He said Robin drinks tea (which we already knew because of the mug and tag), some drink Coke, some drink whiskey, all drink some water, and he was drinking pomegranate juice with vodka (not the norm) in a plastic red cup.
All in all, I had myself a wonderful time listening to some Fleet Foxes.

No comments:

Post a Comment